Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wishy washy

So, a week ago our washer started getting louder. Not just a little louder, but like, I-can't-hear-you-talking-to-me-if-we're-within-20-feet-of-the-thing loud! That was a couple of days before my sister came to visit. I normally do about at LEAST one load a day, if not more. Well, while we had company, I thought it was only reasonable to let the laundry slide, so by the time the girls left, I had literally about 10 loads backed up. YIKES! I started in on it Tuesday. And, the washer was still loud...I think the neighbors could hear it. Richard and I looked at each other with puzzled faces, but just let the thing keep running. About half-way into the second load (of TEN), I realized that it was making a lot of noise during the wash cycle, but it wasn't washing....you know, whatever you call it when it's doing the actual cleaning part. So, I have 10 loads of laundry in the floor, one in the dryer and one in a cylinder full of soapy water. My resourceful husband determined that some tiny little part was broken, but we'd have to wait a day to get the part. Meanwhile, we're up to 12 loads. We got the part today, put it on and the washer is still broken...something serious I fear. We've decided to bring in the big guns and have Pop (Richard's dad) take a look at it when he's here this weekend. Just what an unemployed family needs....major household appliances to start breaking down!

It reminds me of college days when I literally would go buy new socks to wear when I ran out of clean ones. We're running out of VERY ESSENTIAL items of clothing. Carson cried today when he had to wear a pair of his sister's socks. And, I estimate that by the time Saturday rolls around and a determination is made on the washer's status, we'll be up to 15 loads of laundry and my kids will be running around naked as jaybirds! I'm going to wash some of these very essential items in the sink tomorrow. Should be fun....yeah.

No comments: