Monday, December 31, 2007

Reflecting on the year…

This year has been an eventful one for us. Some of the high (and low) lights include:

Welcoming a new niece into the world.

Working shoulder to shoulder and traveling across the country with one of my favorite people, Alicia Britt Chole.

Enduring the disillusionment of career hopes deferred.

Waiting nearly two months with blind faith for employment meanwhile watching God work financial miracles on our behalf.

Successfully growing one tomato plant and one bell pepper plant in pots on the deck. Yeah!!

Spending many summer hours at the pool doing nothing other than catching my kids as they gleefully jumped in from the side.

Landscaping the front of our house.

Joining the church orchestra.

Carson beginning Kindergarten.

Richard landing in job #3 for the year….and it's a great one!

Selling the house on Vine Street in Poplar Bluff in one day after suffering months with a bad renter.

Me sadly leaving Alicia to happily return to software engineering.

Beginning, finally, to make a few new friends in the area.

Richie is potty trained!

Celebrating Grandpa's graduation to Heaven.

When I think about all that has happened this year, I'm so grateful that there is a living God who offers hope. Not just hope in the hereafter, but hope NOW…for abundant life today. Even through some of our hard times this year, I know that God has been directing our path, has been with us, has provided for us and has made a way out for us. I'm looking forward to what He has in store for 2008. So, here's to a great New Year ahead with many blessings, opportunities and great memories….and, how about no job changes!? J

1 comment:

Kara said...

Christie - Hey. I am writing to say hi and to give a confessional. I haven't seen you in so long and we all totally flaked on actually ever having that "dinner" together we tried to make happen so many months ago, but I have been reading your blog constantly since I got it from David and I am sad to admit that I have never left you a comment to tell you how hilarious you are. David and I are in New York right now and are helping a church with their move into a new city. We don't live out here full-time at the moment, but we are out here quite a bit. I just had to let you know that I absolutely love reading your blogs and haven't missed a one. You crack me up and your writing skills are brilliant. I wish a friendship could have begun sooner for us, but maybe we can be bloggin' buddies. I have a site too if you ever want to check it out. It's me-moddy.blogspot.com. I hope you guys are doing great. Keep the funnies comin'!