Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow?


It didn't snow much here today, but these two certainly made the most of it! When it first started to flurry, Avery was sitting coloring a picture in the kitchen. I told her to look out the window. She took in a big surprised gulp of air and ran to look outside. About two seconds later, she sprinted downstairs to tell her daddy and brothers the big news!
I get excited about snow too. There's something about it that I find very calming - the softness of the flakes, the quiet hush outside. I just prefer to enjoy it from in front of the fireplace (with a warm blanket, cup of hot tea and a good book) instead of frolicking about outside like the kiddos! I hope we get at least one big snow this year. If we do, I may have to get out there with them and have some snowball fun!

No comments: