Thursday, December 13, 2007

Utensil confusion...

So today, I was in the kitchen utensil aisle at Target a little harried and trying to keep the kids somewhat NEAR THE CART. Please don't ask me how many times I've said "get back here," "sit down," "please keep your hands to yourself," "hold on to the cart," etc. while shopping. There's not a number large enough for that answer. But, I digress....

Today I had great need of measuring spoons, cups and the like for all of the holiday baking I plan on doing. I was mid-thought, trying to decide between buying three individual items or buying 5 that were packaged together when Richie shouted, "Hey, MOM! I know what this is for!"

"What?" I said, not looking up from the neatly packaged box of Calphalon tools in my hands.

"Spankin'!" he said so that everyone in a 100 foot radius could hear. Nearby adults gasped.

I snapped my head in his direction and, sure enough, he was pointing right at a WOODEN SPOON. He's not yet three and I think I've already scarred him. He'll never look at spoons the same again.

No comments: