Saturday, April 21, 2007

Chicken and Ranch

Today I was on a special outing with Avery. While in the car, I was explaining to her that Richard and I were going to have dinner out with our friends while our kids and their kids stayed with the babysitter. She wanted to know all about the place where we were going to eat which happened to be Rodizio Brazilian Grill. (It was my friend's birthday and they treated us to a night out to celebrate!) Trying to explain the restaurant to her seemed a bit daunting seeing as how I'd have to explain what Brazil was and how the serving process at the restaurant was different there--sort of like Lamberts where they bring different types of food (particularly meat) to your table for you to sample as the main course. Instead of going in to all of that, I just said that it was a place were adults go to eat. She said, "So they don't have kids' food there?" Nope. She shouted, "WHAT?! No chicken and ranch?!?" In her world, restaurants that don't serve the kid-friendly chicken strips and accompanying tiny tubs of ranch dressing do not and evidently should not exist! If I had a quarter for every "chicken and ranch" meal we've bought in the last 5 years....well....I'd only have a small fraction of the money back that we've spent on chicken and ranch! Oh well.

Just for the record, I give the Rodizio Grill a 5 out of 10 on the yumminess scale. Food seemed a bit bland and repetitive overall to me, but you certainly get your fill of meat and the filet mignon bites wrapped in bacon were dee-lish.

No comments: