Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hanky waivin' frenzy....

Last night I cuddled up under the covers, grabbed the Tivo remote and saw that Oprah's Favorite Things was on. That show is such a hoot. The stuff she chooses is generally cool, but jeepers creepers the people on that show go so absolutely nut-ball-bonkers that it really is the most hilarious thing to watch.

She did the show in Macon, GA, which she says has historically had the highest Oprah show ratings. Evidently 45% of Macon-ites watch Oprah every day. When she announced that it was the Favorite Things show, I swear I have never seen such a hysterical, huggin-and-a-kissin your neighbor, tears a-streamin', screamin', shoutin', jumpin', and praisin' Jesus spectical in all my life. And, believe me, I've seen some crazy Jesus praisin' in my day.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear that they had medics on standby to deal with any hyperventilating, passing out, heart attack, black eye from yer neighbor, falling down bruises, busted ear drums and any other such stress-induced ailments.

Not to mention that Oprah caught a bit of her own bug and contracted some afflicted Southern accent for the entire show.......y'aalllll.

The whole thing is just nutty.

If I ever get tickets to that show, remind me to take a paper bag for my own hyperventilating fit which will no doubt overtake me.

No comments: