Sunday, February 3, 2008

Spa day…

I have the best husband. Yesterday he arranged for me and one of my best friends to have the day out together. This was his Valentine's Day present for me and it was incredible. No, it's not strange that I spent my V-tines Day gift with my girlfriend and not with HIM. We're very secure like that.

My friend Volare and I spent the first glorious free hours shopping at the mall for what we're anticipating to be a FABULOUS upcoming TRIP (more on that later). It was a bit of a whirlwind because two girls cannot really be limited to two hours to shop for an entire trip without there being some mad dashing! I was wishing I had a pair of those wheely shoes the kids wear these days so I could speed around the mall just a wee bit faster. That was, until I saw a kid literally wheel himself right into a post in the middle of the mall and fall down. Painful AND embarrassing….the worst combo.

Volare and I also lunch had lunch together complete with totally grown-up food and conversation and then spent three whole hours being pampered at the spa. Oh, yes….we were pampered. We had the sea spa pedicure, the facial, the aromatherapy bath and massages. You'd think after all that beauty treatment that we'd have walked out of there….well….beautiful. However, after having all our makeup removed, our bodies rubbed hither and yon, spending 30 minutes in a hot tub and having a guy rub massage oil in our hair we were certainly not about to hit the runway. We felt like a couple of wet noodles. Very, very relaxed noodles.

We left there and went to Volare's house where Rich and Ryan had prepared steak dinner with all the fixin's and there was plenty of Godiva chocolate to go around.

It was a SUPERB Valentine's Day gift. Now, I have an entire year to speculate on how my sweetie will try to top it next year. Or, why wait until next year? My birthday is coming up pretty soon! J

1 comment:

Kara said...

Wow! What a super fun, super relaxing, super perfect sounding day! I am officially jealous and wishing that I had a day coming up like that very soon! It was SO fun running in to you yesterday and getting to say hello in person even be it brief. Let's definitely plan a get together very soon! See ya blogging buddy!