Thursday, June 26, 2008

A year’s not a long time…if you’re a tree

About a year ago….well, 14 months to the day to be EXACT….I started a little painting project in the house. Not really thinking ahead at the time, I was only able to conquer one wall of our living area before I thought, "Hey, there's a vault in here. Hmm…I don't think I can reach that." Yeah. Not much foresight there. So, after enduring half-painted walls for 14 months which included a lovely piece of blue masking tape up in the hallway ceiling for yes 14 months we finally hired the work out.

Brilliant. I love it.

The walls are now a lovely bluish color – Sherwin Williams Silvermist. Thanks to my ever-encouraging girlfriends, I decided to go with a non neutral and I am SO GLAD!!! Blue is my favorite color. It makes me the happiest. It feels great to have it accomplished.

Now, I get to re-decorate! I'm looking online for some of my other favorites to pull everything together…white McCoy pottery and maybe our first foray into "real" art! Check back in around August '09. Maybe I'll have it finished by then!

Oh and HEY…just as an update…as of today, items one through five on this list have all been FIXED! Yeah!!!

3 comments:

Natalie K said...

You really can't post this amazing color feat without pictures can you! I am dying to see what silvermist looks like bigger than a .000003 X .000003 swatch. Could I come over tomorrow to bathe in the glory of the blue hue?

megsnbigd said...

Yeah, seriously, not even ONE picture...

Christie's Corner said...

Dude...I don't know how to work the new camera.