Saturday, August 9, 2008

Date night, second edition…

So, a few days after my first date night with Avery, I went out with one of my other favorite buddies, Carson. We decided to hit The Wal Mart again for school supplies, but chose one that we don't normally frequent. I was sure we'd be in and out in a flash like we were with Avery, but I think I have to say that The Wal Mart we went to might be one of the most dysfunctional and unorganized I've ever seen. I actually felt like I was in K-Mart…which I have found to be notoriously sloppy. And, of course the first grade list was substantially longer than the K list, so we were on the hunt for more obscure items such as Styrofoam spheres, legal-sized construction paper, and poster-board….any of which I could have found easily in my local Wal Mart, but which took us 3 laps and a host of blue-vested helpers to find. I couldn't even find the Wet Ones, for heavens sake and trust me, I'm normally able to sniff those out anywhere!

Once we had secured our 5 bags!!! of items, we headed out to the mall in search of a nice belt. Since he's required to wear a belt every day, it couldn't be just any belt. Last year's supposed "genuine leather" model from Target was shedding its evidently man-made outer lining toward the end of the year. I think we found one that'll work a little better.

Dinner at Nakato was in order…Carson loves the Hibachi grill and the Japanese noodles. And, with our bellies full, we headed to The Palace (land of the $2.50 movies) to watch the delightful Nim's Island—two Abigail Breslin movies in one week! That girl is so cute.

All in all, a SUPER date with my little man. Such a gentleman he was, opening doors using all of his manners. He even kissed me twice without prompting and told me that he loved me at dinner.

I can't believe his first "summer vacation" is coming to an end. The speed of life is beginning to startle me.

4 comments:

Natalie K said...

My first comment is who posts at 5:30 am? Who dedication or your only free moment of the day?
I love it. Your sweet man taking you out on a date! Have a super fun time labeling all 5 bags of goodies.

Kara said...

I want to be your kid going back to school right now. Man - movies? Nakato? That all sounds way fun!!

Xapaula said...

As I read this I am sitting with my little man. He is trying to pronounce "melon". I teared up a little to think that one day I will be buying school supplies for him.

megsnbigd said...

Oooh, so romantic. What a handsome date you had and so polite! He's a keeper. Boy, he sure does know how to appeal to a lady's heart!