Monday, January 21, 2008

Why I need supervision in the kitchen…

Until last Saturday our oven had been broken. I wish it had been broken today. Then, I wouldn't have to be dealing with this:














The baking explosion you see above is what happens when one thinks angel food cake pans look like this:










When in all reality, they actually look like this:










Now, the yummy coffee cake which was intended for my girlfriends tomorrow will unfortunately be replaced with something truly inspiring like Trix yogurt and some Honey Nut Cheerios. Luckily, my dear sweet husband is giving his dancing homage and two thumbs up to the remnants which he says are quite tasty.

2 comments:

megsnbigd said...

Hey I need some pointers tomorrow cause Im actually scheduled to make an angel food cake in the afternoon.

Kara said...

Oh! My! Word! I can just imagine the first thoughts going through your mind as you looked at that lovely mess in your oven! Sorry about your disaster. Your husband sounds like mine in that he will eat anything even if it's half burnt hanging off the side of a pan! Better luck next time!