Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The way we were…

Well, we just returned on Sunday from a wonderful 4 days in the Dominican Republic. Richard and I had somehow managed not to take one single getaway trip since our honeymoon and it's going on 8 YEARS PEOPLE!! So, it was time. We were invited to go along with some of our best friends and we had a blast!


We stayed at the Dreams Resort in Punta Cana and overall, I'd say it was quite nice. I would give the service an 8 out of 10, the food a 7 and the facilities an 8 (it would be a 9, but our room had this really nasty smell like when you leave wet towels on the floor too long in the laundry room…uh…not that I've ever done that, of course!). The water was all shades of aqua, blue and green. The foliage was rich. The weather was perfect! It was 85 in the day and 75 at night. One of my favorite things to do is sleep with the windows open and we were able to sleep every night with the patio door wide open. We could hear the palm leaves blowing in the wind all night long.



We spent every day doing nothing. We woke up early so as not to waste any beach time, ate breakfast, went to the beach, sunned, read, sipped a few delightful drinks, showered, had dinner, played games after, slept…..washed, rinsed and repeated times three!

The trip, aside from being a glorious escape from our routine, really served to remind me of the way we were….the last time we were able to go away together for awhile. I think a little spark of love re-appeared that has always been there, but just hadn't taken the time in awhile to reflect upon what with all the Mommy business and such. I have the greatest spouse in the world….for me….really I do. I'm so blessed!



Hopefully it won't take another 8 years for us to do something like this again!



2 comments:

Kara said...

Wow! Super jealous. Super happy for you. Way to go rekindling the love thing. We've been married 11 years and we (pre-children of course) have enjoyed a couple of nice getaways that made us remember why we got hitched in the first place. I hope we get to do something like you did very soon. I like the idea of relax, eat, play and sleep to do it again. Very nice.

Kara said...

P.S. Do you have a link to be able to look at your pics on facebook?